Wednesday 23 July 2008

Introduction

I've started this blog as a means of publicising the business methods used by Mountford, an 'Estate Agency' in Surbiton, Surrey, which mostly seem to revolve around ensuring that tenants lose their deposits at the end of their tenancies. I would also like to hear from anyone else who has suffered the same kind of treatment with a view to creating enough of a stink that either they stop or their business suffers and eventually they close down. It would be no loss to anyone.

I'm going to post this as if it were happening now in order to establish some kind of accurate timeline of events but just so you know right from the start the current position regarding my own deposit is that I have gone through the small claims court mediation procedure, received an order partially in my favour although not the full amount I was claiming, and still Mountfords solicitors, Hubbarb, Pegman & Whitney are refusing to hand over the money.

Mountfords have held £1,180 of my money on deposit since 2004 and the court mediaitor has ordered that I receive the sum of £507.50 with the remainder going to my former landlord minus a small amount for the costs of the check out report. This report as you will see plays a key role in Mountfords methods and its bias is used to rip off tenants.

No comments: